French Epi | NYC

Wednesday, October 10, 2018


My friend and I found a Pulsd deal featuring French Epi which sounded really good.  I believe it was about $99 for an appetizer to share, 2 entrees and a dessert to share plus a bottle of wine.  Overall, it was a decent deal.  We were both surprised to find that when we arrived, there was absolutely no one there.  But hey, at least we'll have attentive service, right?  Not. 🙄

To start, we got the Grilled Giant Octopus ($16).  The octopus itself was delicious - perfectly grilled and very tender.  The one part that we thought was a bit odd was the mushy peas.  It was stated in the description for this dish but it was very bland and quite random, to be honest.  Why mushy peas?  My friend hoped that it was actually avocado LOL but alas.


My friend ordered the 8oz beef tenderloin ($32) 🥩 which looked quite nice.  He said it was overall not too bad but he has had better steak elsewhere.  As for the veggie sides, he said it was decent.  Overall, it was just a steak and nothing too amazing to write about.


We were both clearly in a steak mood 🥩 that day because I also ordered the steak but got the 12oz ribeye ($30).  Once my friend saw the comparison between his 8oz steak and my 12oz one, he was supremely jealous that he didn't order the ribeye as well.  As far as ribeye steaks goes, this one was decent.  It was tender and relatively flavorful.  I did notice that it did require a bit of bordelaise sauce which, for me, indicates that the steak itself wasn't that high of a quality.  


For dessert, we shared a souffle - I forget what kind specifically because that was how unmemorable this dessert was.  We also waited almost 45 minutes just for the dessert and when it finally arrived, it was ice cold.  🙄 It was as if they were waiting for the dessert to thaw as much as possible before serving because there was still a chunk inside that was frozen.  We were honestly so surprised by it but because we waited for so long, we didn't feel like waiting any longer to send it back to the kitchen.  

Overall, while the food itself was decent, the service (after waiting almost 45 mins) was very lacking especially when we were one of maybe two or three parties in the entire restaurant by the time we left.  

Overall Verdict on French Epi: 🌟🌟

I N F O R M A T I O N   O N   R E S T A U R A N T   M E N T I O N E D
French Epi
123 Greenpoint Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11222
b/t Franklin St & Manhattan Ave
 (718) 389-3029

WHAT ABOUT YOU? HAVE YOU HAVE BEEN HERE? WERE YOU AS DISAPPOINTED AS WE WERE?  LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS!  💕 - Stephanie

 
SUBSCRIBE BUTTON 👉 
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS