Kaylee's Creamery | NYC

Saturday, September 29, 2018


So this post will be a relatively short blog post since that ice cream 🍦 picture is all the stuff that my sister and I got at Kaylee's Creamery.  We both opted for the two scoops since we thought that one scoop was insufficient 😂 and that three was just too much 😉.  

F L A V O R S:
Strawberry Shortcake 🍓🍰 - we both decided to get this one because this was by far, our favorite.  It's sweet and tangy from the strawberries 🍓 and was just overall a great ice cream flavor.  This is one of their classics and we can certainly see why!

Coffee Cake ☕🍰 - my sister got this as her second scoop which is another one of their classic flavor.  From what she told me, she enjoyed this one as well but definitely preferred the Strawberry Shortcake 🍓🍰 instead.  She also topped hers with some colorful mochi pieces which she said were just okay.

Isn't She Lovely - this was my second scoop and honestly, I was not impressed.  It's one of their special flavor and it's supposed to be lychee ice cream with some rose accents 🌹.  The lychee was very subpar in my opinion and overall, not that special.  The rose 🌹 accents were just okay as well - they were the tiny pink crumbs/crystals on top of that right ice cream scoop.  The overall flavor was also very subtle as well.

I also did get samples of two other flavors: Netflix and Chill as well as Pot of Gold.  For Netflix and Chill, the sriracha was way too powerful and left a very strong lingering feeling at the back of my throat.  On the flip side, the earl gray was too subdued so the sriracha pretty much overpowered it.  

As for Pot of Gold, I was disappointed because I was hoping for that crunchiness of the lucky charm marshmallows (similar to the lucky charm cereal) but it was mushy and just not that great.  I guess, now that I think about it, it wouldn't be crunchy since it's technically in "liquid-ish" at least when the ice cream was being made.  However, I just thought that the coldness of the ice cream would somehow preserve a bit of that crunchiness.    This flavor was also too overly sweet for me.  

Overall, I was not that impressed with the ice cream 🍦 here.  I had such high hopes after seeing all the positive reviews as well and I honestly thought that their ice cream 🍦 flavors would be incredible.  Instead, only one of the three flavors that we actually got was fantastic.  

The service was definitely top-notch though.  They were all incredibly friendly and really helpful.  It was just too bad that I was not terribly impressed with the actual flavors.

Overall Verdict on Kaylee's Creamery: 🌟🌟

I N F O R M A T I O N   O N   I C E   C R E A M   S H O P   M E N T I O N E D
Kaylee's Creamery
115 E 27th St
New York, NY 10016
b/t S Park Ave & Lexington Ave 

WHAT ABOUT YOU? IF YOU HAVE BEEN HERE, WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT THE ICE CREAM?  💕 - Stephanie

 
SUBSCRIBE BUTTON 👉 
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS