Kati Shop | NYC

Saturday, October 27, 2018


My friend and I stopped by the Kati Shop the other day for lunch and we were quite impressed with everything. I love the fact that they focus on authentic Thai curries and it was actually their family who was in kitchen making all the various curries.  Personally, I see a lot of Pad Thai and other Thai noodle dishes that having a place that focused on the curries was appealing to me.

So the way how this place works is that you pick a base which can be jasmine rice, riceberry or cabbage.  Then you a pick a protein (salmon, tofu, etc.), a curry sauce (4 choices) and then two sides.


For me, I got the riceberry which I find very comparable to the Korean purple rice.  I thought that having this option was a great choice on their part.  I also picked the salmon as my protein since I haven't had it in a while and was craving it.  She also allowed us to mix two curries together so I opted for the Panang and the Massaman curries.  Both were fantastic!  Those were the two that I am more familiar with which is why I ended up picking those two.  The Green curry would have also been a decent choice but their Kati signature curry was extremely spicy!  Even for me, who absolutely loves all things spicy, did not feel comfortable choosing that.

The two sides that I got was the larb mushroom and the healthy green beans.  Personally, I liked the green beans more than the larb mushrooms.  There was a hint of sourness in the mushrooms that I didn't particularly enjoyed.  I'm just not a fan of sour things so if you are then definitely try the mushrooms!


My friend got the chicken and riceberry with the same two curries that I had picked.  For his sides, he got the mushrooms and the somtum slaw.  Unlike me, he really enjoyed the mushrooms and didn't care much for the slaw.  Lesson of the day: everyone has different tastes so while I didn't like the mushrooms at all, my friend basically inhaled that side down.


We also opted for an additional side because we both wanted to check out the cucumber salad.  This side was actually both of our favorites!  The cucumbers were so refreshing once we paired it with our individual curry plates.  And because it was so refreshing, it also allowed us to eat more of our main dishes.  

I also loved the fact that they serve genuine coconut water in a coconut there.  It was so fresh and absolutely delicious.  If you're there, definitely grab one of these to try!

Overall Verdict on Kati Shop: 🌟🌟🌟🌟

I N F O R M A T I O N   O N   R E S T A U R A N T   M E N T I O N E D
Kati Shop
162 E 55th St
New York, NY 10022
b/t Lexington Ave & 3rd Ave
(646) 869-1362

WHAT ABOUT YOU? WOULD YOU BE ADDING THIS PLACE ON YOUR TO-GO FOR LUNCH? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS!  💕 - Stephanie

 
SUBSCRIBE BUTTON 👉 
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS