Chuan Tian Xia | NYC

Saturday, September 22, 2018


So I'm finally back after a month of hiatus mainly because I was busy with so many other things in my life πŸ˜© but at least I'm back now and I have TONS of great food and places to share with you guys!

A week or so ago, my friend and I ventured out to Chuan Tian Xia, a Sichuan place that recently opened in Sunset Park.  Sichuan food is my absolute favorite so when I saw a new one opening relatively close to me, I wanted to try it out ASAP.


We opted for three dishes that came recommended by the staff there as the "most popular" dishes and we were eager to see why they were so popular.  The first dish to arrive was the Pineapple Fried Rice ($9.99).  We were a bit surprised to hear that this was recommended since this isn't a dish that we that would consider as "traditional" Sichuan food.  However, because the other two dishes were spicy and numbing, this dish actually really helped to cleanse our palate.  We ended up thoroughly enjoying this dish!  They were also not shy with the amount of shrimp that was put in!  This was also the hardest dish to photograph since there weren't that many vibrant colors in it.


The next dish to arrive was the Spicy Cold Chicken.  This was the dish that I was highly anticipating because this is a favorite of mine.  I haven't had it in a while though so I was excited to try this one out.  Unfortunately this was also the dish that fell really flatly for the both of us.  My friend commented and said that it tasted as if they did not marinate the chicken in the spicy sauce and rather simply combined the two right before serving it.  Therefore, the chicken was tasteless for the most part.  I would agree with this sentiment.  We ended up having some leftover which I brought home and after letting it "marinate" for another day or so, the chicken ended up being so much more flavorful.  I would recommend ordering this dish to-go and then consume it a day or two later for maximum flavor!


Finally, we got our third dish, the Chongqing Spicy Chicken ($15.99) and this dish was HUGE.  I don't think any of the photos did it justice because I felt that no matter how much we ate, this dish didn't seem to decrease in amount.  This was probably our favorite dish of the night because the chicken was perfectly fried without feeling greasy and it was very flavorful.  The one downside was that it wasn't as spicy as we had hoped.


We also got two lychee lime fresh juices ($5.25) which were fantastic!  They were incredibly refreshing and we thoroughly enjoyed them.  I would suggest mixing it a bit before drinking it because we noticed that once we got towards the end, it started to become a bit sour (more sour than usual).


Overall, I was pleased with this place but next time I visit, I definitely want to check out the more traditional dishes such as the Spicy Boil Fish or the String Beans with Minced Meat.  I would also request the dishes to be spicier because it wasn't as spicy/numb as I would have liked.

Overall Verdict on Chuan Tian Xia: πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸ1/2

I N F O R M A T I O N   O N   R E S T A U R A N T   M E N T I O N E D
Chuan Tian Xia
5502 7th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11220
b/t 56th St & 55th St
(929) 295-0128

WHAT ABOUT YOU? IF YOU HAVE BEEN HERE, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THOUGHT ABOUT IT.  πŸ’• - Stephanie

 
SUBSCRIBE BUTTON πŸ‘‰ 
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS