Nostro Ristorante | NYC

Saturday, August 4, 2018


So my baby sister was here in NYC last week and she stayed for a few days.  The one thing we both love to do is eat so of course, I took her to some awesome places for dinner and other meals (obviously 😂!).  The first day that she arrived, we decided to go to an Italian restaurant that was relatively close (it was in Brooklyn) and BYOB.  Though it wasn't a free BYOB but they did have a corkage fee of $5.


As typical Italian places, they placed a cute paper bag filled with freshly baked mini buns.  They were fluffy and they were delicious even without the usual olive oil and/or balsamic vinaigrette.  However, they tasted even better once we got our appetizer and were able to soak the buns in that delicious savory tomato sauce. 😍


We were initially not going to order any appetizers but I was a little worried because 1) we brought an entire bottle of red and 2) I wasn't sure if just the entrees would be enough food for the both of us.  We were hungry, okay?! Don't judge.  😂  Anyways, we decided to go for the Polpette which were beef and pork meatballs.  They were delicious! The tomato sauce was perfectly seasoned with a slight tanginess to it.  For $8, I found it quite reasonable.


For my main dish, I got the fettuccine amore which was squid ink pasta with shrimp and lobster in this pink sauce.  This dish was A M A Z I N G 😍!   My sister and I wanted to get the two dishes that were most recommended and this was one of them.  I can definitely see why everyone raved about it because it was that good!  There were a good amount of large shrimps in it and even though there were only 2-3 relatively large pieces of lobster in it, the overall amount was reasonable.  The dish was extremely flavorful and my sister and I inhaled it.  This dish was $20.


As for my sister, she ordered the risotto pescatore which was simply risotto topped with mussels, shrimps and calamari.  She really enjoyed this dish but because I had my squid ink pasta first, this one was much more bland and very mild in comparison.  So for me, I was not terribly impressed with this dish because it simply did not have the amount of flavor that my initial dish had.  However, there were an abundance of seafood in this dish so I was very pleased with that.  There was also a distinct tanginess to this as well probably from the tomatoes.  This dish was also $20.  


Finally, we got some D E S S E R T💕 I don't know about you but I 💖 dessert!  Anyways, my sister and I opted to share a dessert and since she had no particular preference, I decided to go for the chocolate lava cake with a scoop of gelato.  I honestly forgot the price of this dish and I couldn't find it online 🙈 sorry guys!  But this dessert was yummy~ The only qualm I had about this and this is completely my own personal preference but I tend to prefer my lava cakes to be on the fudgier side and this one was more cakey.  Regardless though, it was delicious and the gelato was divine.

The service here was also incredibly sweet.  There were only two servers but they were always readily available even though the place got relatively busy halfway through our meal.  I would definitely stop by here again for dinner!

Overall Verdict on Nostro Ristorante: 🌟🌟🌟🌟

I N F O R M A T I O N   O N   R E S T A U R A N T   M E N T I O N E D
Nostro Ristorante
710 5th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11215
b/t 22nd St & 23rd St
(929) 337-7053

WHAT ABOUT YOU? IF YOU HAVE BEEN HERE, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THOUGHT ABOUT IT.  💕 - Stephanie

 
SUBSCRIBE BUTTON 👉 
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS