Aya Sushi | NYC

Wednesday, July 25, 2018


I came here for a quick lunch on a random Saturday in NYC.  It was between a few errands so I decided to get lunch by myself (because YOLO).  I Yelped a place nearby and found this small gem right in the center of Midtown.  I was in the mood for sushi and Aya Sushi seemed like a good choice.

And boy, I am glad that I went there.  They have a lunch special every day of the week.  It's so rare to find a restaurant that did that so the fact that I stumbled upon this place was incredibly lucky on my end.  The lunch special that I opted for was 3 rolls for $13.50 which also included a choice of miso soup or a salad.  I personally thought that this was a fantastic deal.  There is also a 10% off on Yelp if you check-in which is another deal that I was surprised by because NYC restaurants don't usually have Yelp check-in deals but this one did.  So I was pleased all around.


For my lunch special, I opted for the miso soup because I love miso soup.  There was nothing too spectacular about this one - it was good decent miso soup.  It was flavorful without being too salty which is very important.


I love all things salmon so of course my three rolls consisted of various salmon rolls.  I got the regular salmon roll, the salmon avocado roll and the spicy crunchy salmon roll.  To be honest, I don't usually get the spicy salmon ones because there's mayo involved and I'm not the biggest fan of mayo in my sushi.  However, after perusing the other options, I ended up with the spicy salmon roll anyway.

All of the sushi was fresh - they weren't "incredibly" fresh but it was decent enough especially with that kind of price point.  They were very generous in the amount salmon in each roll.  You will be surprised how many times I see the tiniest portion of salmon in a standard salmon roll but I am glad to see that this was not the case here.


I also ordered two extra pieces ala carte because I absolutely love ikura (salmon eggs) and uni.  And I try to order at least one or the other depending on what I'm getting as my "main".  Since I was ordering the lunch special, I decided to splurge and get one of each.  The ikura was $3.50 and the uni was $4 which was on the relatively less expensive end of the spectrum.  They were quite generous with the amount of uni but less so with the ikura.  Otherwise, both tasted fresh for the most part.  I was *slightly worried about this one part in the uni that appeared darker than usual but after testing it, it tasted fine so all was well.

Aya Sushi is a no-frills location.  It's incredibly tiny with only about 5-6 small square tables total in the entire place.  I would definitely not suggest this place for large groups because otherwise you might as well rent out the entire place.  That being said, the service was impeccable considering the fact that I literally sat 2 feet away from the only waiter/cashier/all-around staff there.  There was a total of two employees - the sushi guy and the everything else guy.

Overall Verdict on Aya Sushi: 🌟🌟🌟

I N F O R M A T I O N   O N   R E S T A U R A N T   M E N T I O N E D
Aya Sushi
314 W 39th St
New York, NY 10018
b/t 9th Ave & 8th Ave
Midtown West, Hell's Kitchen
(212) 221-5849

IF YOU HAVE BEEN TO AYA SUSHI, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THOUGHT ABOUT IT.  💕 - Stephanie

 
SUBSCRIBE BUTTON 👉 
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS